Our previous post looked at defining private methods inside ruby class methods. While writing that post I came to the realisation that my understanding of the ruby object model was somewhat deficient.
I decided to brush up on my knowledge of the subject (see References), and I thought this might be another good opportunity for a short quiz, allowing readers to test themselves on this important topic.
Have a go at the short quiz below to see how well you know the ruby object model.
- Article looking at confusion arising when dynamically defining methods inside methods
- Concise article on the ancestor chain
- YouTube video looking at the underlying C representation of Ruby objects
- Makandra card. covering the same ideas as previous YouTube video
- More in-depth article on the Ruby object mobel